About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Visualization and Sound team within Google Augmented Reality (Devices and Services) develops user experiences that leverage advancements in sensing, perception, visualization, and sound to bring new capabilities for augmentation.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join our team to contribute to our machine learning and signal processing efforts, which will inform both product and research directions. You will advance productization in these areas through engineering, research, design, and development. You will help ideate, prototype, evaluate, and eventually productize novel experiences in a highly collaborative work environment.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage signal processing research and implementation for audio processing (e.g., beamforming, localization, speech separation).
- Help initiate and coordinate cross-team efforts to realize product, research, and user impact.
- Contribute to overall team leadership, including mentoring team mates, establishing, and supporting a team culture of software engineering excellence.
- Work on systems integration between Android, perception, and front-end modules.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Experience with applied machine learning for audio and speech.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., TensorFlow), artificial intelligence, deep learning, and/or natural language processing.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with auditory analysis and speech processing, including multi-mic topologies for beamforming, sound localization, and spatialized audio.
- Experience with signal processing.