Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Principal Machine Learning Engineer, you will focus on the CRM, Digital Marketing and Personalization space and utilize your talents to help Sephora continue inspiring our loyal customers in beauty space. We're investing heavily in a new machine learning platform and looking for a senior leader to build and grow this team. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge with the ability to demonstrate best practices in the industry. This position calls for a seasoned leader in cutting-edge deep learning practices who enjoys being part of a beauty leader recognized across the globe. This position reports directly into the VP of Data Engineering & Marketing Technology and will work closely on technical direction.
In addition, you will:
- Be responsible for machine learning and deep learning model development different areas of the business
- Implement and design code and build out to production using various advanced techniques with access to proprietary data
- Research, develop and implement highly reliable machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and Business teams on planning new capabilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other members of engineering team
- Develop and train neural networks to solve unique domain problems Skills and qualifications
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology including positions in development/engineering and architecture and / or experience in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience applying neural networks and other machine learning techniques in shipping products
- Solid mathematical and algorithmic background
- Coding experience using Python, R, Spark, Hadoop and Azure/GCP for predictive modeling and data manipulation
- Experience with CNN training and deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras or similar
- Full lifecycle product development from inception through delivery
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences Optional Skills
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or quantitative field and / or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative
You’ll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.