Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system. Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
We are looking for Senior Product Data Scientists to join Square and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. We are reinventing the way people think about banking and financial services through our P2P, Banking, Cash Card, Boost, BTC, and stock investing products. We derive valuable insights from our extremely unique datasets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day.
For all of the above roles, you will:
- Partner directly with a Cash App product team, working closely with product managers, engineers, and designers
- Analyze large datasets using SQL and scripting languages to surface meaningful/actionable insights and opportunities to the product team and other key stakeholders
- Approach problems from first principles, using a variety of statistical and mathematical modeling techniques to research and understand customer behavior
- Design and analyze A/B experiments to evaluate the impact of changes we make to the product
- Work with engineers to log new, useful data sources as we build new product features
- Build, forecast, and report on metrics that drive strategy and facilitate decision making for key business initiatives
- Write code to effectively process, cleanse, and combine data sources in unique and useful ways, often resulting in curated ETL datasets that are easily used by the broader team
- Build and share data visualizations and self-serve dashboards for your product team
- Effectively communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis
For all of the above roles, you have:
- 1-2 years of data science and analytics experience in industry
- A PhD or other relevant graduate degree in the physics, economics, statistics, or a similar STEM field
- Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages, such as Python or R
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience with cohort and funnel analyses, a deep understanding statistical concepts such as selection bias, probability distributions, and conditional probabilities
- Experience in a high-growth tech environment
- An appreciation for the connection between your work and the experience it delivers to customers
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for what Cash App is building
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Python (Pandas, Numpy)
- Tableau, Airflow, Looker
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.