About the role:
Partners with stakeholders to design, develop, optimize, and productionize machine learning (ML) or ML-based solutions and systems that are used within a team to solve complex problems with multiple dependencies. This role also leads team efforts to leverage and improve ML infrastructure for model development, training, deployment needs and scaling ML systems.
About the Team:
You will be on a super collaborative team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by building technically challenging machine learning solutions in real-time and at scale, working on projects that impact every single Uber delivery, knowing that every eater and courier sees and benefits from your work, and helping to drive Uber's top business metrics, then delivery pricing is the team for you at Uber!
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 3-years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 2-years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)Training using data structures and algorithmsModern machine learning algorithms (e.g., tree-based techniques, supervised, deep, or probabilistic learning)Machine Learning Software such as Tensorflow/Pytorch, Caffe, Scikit-Learn, or Spark MLLib
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
- Training using data structures and algorithms
- Modern machine learning algorithms (e.g., tree-based techniques, supervised, deep, or probabilistic learning)
- Machine Learning Software such as Tensorflow/Pytorch, Caffe, Scikit-Learn, or Spark MLLib
- Note the 2-years total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The years of specialized experience are not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Scalable ML architecture
- Feature management
- Deep Learning
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.