THE ULTIMATE(.AI) OPPORTUNITY
Ultimate is the leading customer service automation platform. We help brands give great support experiences to every customer, instantly.
At Ultimate, we’re proving that support automation done right can help brands serve more customers, better. Brands use Ultimate to build their own virtual agent - their new favourite team member! - which works round the clock resolving customer requests, taking care of back office tasks and providing key insights and analytics.
Some of the best brands in the world already use and love Ultimate. We combine cutting-edge AI with beautiful, intuitive user interfaces and an ambitious, customer-first go-to-market model.
Shipping a product this good isn’t easy. That’s why Ultimate is built by some of the smartest people we know. This is an opportunity to join an unstoppable team of AI researchers, engineers, product people, marketers, sellers, conversational designers, and operators.
We’ve just raised a $20M Series A from global investors with deep pockets and we’re growing fast. Get in at the ground floor because we won’t be here for long.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We want to fundamentally change how people work in customer service. So we need a team of world-class talent. As a Senior Data Engineer at ultimate.ai, you’ll be an integral part of this team from day one.
- You'll be part of a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our data processing streaming pipelines in Google Cloud.
- You'll work closely with the Data Scientists and Data Analysts, providing them with access to the data and support they need to analyse, train and deploy machine-learning models.
- You'll own the full development and operations cycle of a product, whilst helping to ensure our systems are running correctly and efficiently.
- You'll use industry-proven tools such as git, and practices such as CI/CD in an agile setup.
- You'll be joining a cross-functional team. Aside from data engineers, our teams have Node.js Engineers, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, DevOps Engineers, and Frontend Engineers.
- You love Python – either as Python developer or a Scala/Java developer willing to self-learn a new language.
- You have practical experience in data engineering projects with one or more distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark, Beam/Dataflow, Flink or similar.
- You care deeply about software best practices and are dedicated to ensuring quality via testing, benchmarking and peer review.
- You have experience using a pub/sub, or message queue technology such as Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar.
- You understand the theory behind different database technologies and data storage practices enough to make informed choices and match appropriate technologies to a given use-case.
- You have experience of using NoSQL & relational databases such as MsSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Hive, MongoDB.
- You dedicate yourself to continue learning and improving, and you enjoy helping others grow around you.
- You’re eager to understand the business logic of the company and the meaning of the data they work with.
- You can speak, write and express yourself in English – our company’s working language – in a professional context.
- You feel at home collaborating in a workplace which is international, diverse, evolving, and continually innovating.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. ultimate.ai prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: ultimate.ai is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.