Yembo's AI Team is hiring a Research Scientist specializing in Deep Learning to spearhead the development of state-of-the-art solutions for semantic labeling, material recognition, hazard identification, and damage recognition, both in 2D images and on 3D models. In this role, you will prototype and develop solutions for critical product features and architect a rapid development process for building, training, and evaluating deep learning models on our proprietary datasets.
Quick self check:
- Do you want your hard work to make an impact?
- Do you enjoy building technology that solves real problems?
- Are you looking for exciting new ways to apply your computer vision expertise?
If you answered yes to those questions, we invite you to consider joining Yembo!
At Yembo, we are united around our mission to bring revolutionary technology to traditionally boring home services industries. We have already disrupted the moving industry, and now we've set our sights on property insurance.
The AI Team is Yembo's product-driven source of innovation. As an Applied Deep Learning Researcher, you will be in the driver's seat developing the technology that powers our products. If you are excited to use scene recognition to transform the industries that big tech forgot, we would love for you to join our team!
Let's make some things clear up front:
- Yembo maintains a culture of excellence -- we are looking for candidates who want to make an impact on Day One
- Yembo offers highly competitive salaries -- we make sure our employees are well compensated for their hard work
- Yembo gives you the chance to fast track your career -- you will not be a cog in the machine
- PhD in computer science or related field focusing on computer vision, machine learning, or deep learning, or MS with 3+ years of relevant industry experience, or BS with 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Fluency in Python and PyTorch (and code to back it up!)
- Strong software engineering skills with a demonstrated ability to work with and improve existing code bases (we love open source contributors!)
- Track record of publications at top computer vision and machine learning conferences, or relevant project ownership in a product-driven R&D role
- Ability to move fast to prototype and iterate
- Strong fundamentals in 3D computer vision and graphics
- Familiarity working with Docker containers
- Familiarity in C++ and CUDA
- Prior experience working at a startup
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k with 4% company match)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (3 Weeks Vacation, Sick Leave & 11 National Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Annual Events & Meetups
- Work From Home (Fully Remote Team)
- Stock Option Plan
- Note: Health care, retirement and insurance benefits are currently available only for US employees.
Yembo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as Yembo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
Note: We are not accepting submissions from recruiting firms at this time